Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Peanut Butter Cake Bars

Peanut Butter Cake Bars!!!!

These Peanut Butter Cake Bars are so good, they should come with a warning label! Every single time I bake them, I end up eating more of them than I should. This is such a popular recipe in my kitchen, I think I've made these at least a dozen times. I've packaged them up in individual servings in Ziploc baggies and taken them along on our motorcycle road trips with our friends. They are the perfect snack when you've ridden a hundred miles or so and everyone is ready for a break but not quite ready to stop for lunch. I've also made these for potlucks and to share with friends. And also for a catered lunch I prepared for our Highland Games Athletes. They were a huge hit at that event! If there is a pan of these in your house, do not expect it to last long. They WILL get eaten. Another plus, you can have these prepared and ready to eat in just over an hour! Super easy!
Even though the name says "cake," they have more of a  soft, chewy, cookie texture, and such an amazing peanut butter flavor!
I recently made these to share at a St. Patrick's Day gathering. I also made two other desserts, the Hollyday Mint Pie and a seriously delicious Guinness Chocolate Cake, which I'll post the recipe for later this week.  Everyone was nibbling on these cake bars all  throughout the day. Trust me, it is absolutely impossible to eat only one of these. If you are watching your calorie intake, don't bother making these unless you have intense willpower. Or just give all but one or two away. And yes, once again, I ate more of these than I should have. Hope you enjoy them as much as we do!

Peanut Butter Cake Bars

2/3 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 pkg chocolate chips

1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter, sugar and brown sugar.
2. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
3. Combine flour, baking powder and salt and gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
4. Spread into greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 min.

Makes 2 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment