Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Weber's Lunch Box Menus, 1943

A fun little recipe booklet from Weber's Bread, 1943. Inside, I found my Grandma's handwritten note with recipes she liked. Lunches sure were different years ago.
Keeping America Strong

Wonder if the working folks of today would enjoy anything listed on this page. My guess is probably not. Times have changed.
Can you imagine the amount of time it would take to prepare a lunch like these? What would your children's reaction be if you sent them to school with one of these meals?
"Dedicated to the Kitchen Engineers...Helping to keep America Strong" I just love that Patriotism was such a part of life back then. It was 1943 after all. It would be interesting to see how many of the recipes in this booklet my Grandmother actually prepared. My Grandpa always loved her cooking. I'm sure he would have eaten anything she sent him to work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment